Certificate III in Fitness (SIS30315)
Become a Gym Instructor
This course is an Australian Qualification that allows you to work in a gym as a gym instructor in Australia. After completing this course you can also do a separate group exercise module to become an aerobics instructor or start your own business and become a Personal Trainer. This course is delivered by WFA for Efitacademy a registered training organisation (RTO TOID 22030) in Australia. Certificates and Statement of Attainments will be issued by Efitacademy upon successfully completing the course.
To become a gym instructor:
1. Complete certificate III in Fitness
2. Complete a Level II or equivalent First Aid course
3. Register with World Fitness Academy (WFA) and be recognized as a qualified Gym Instructor. You will need to present them with photocopies of the certificates you receive in 1 and 2 above.
What is covered?
- Workplace Health & Safety
- Working in the Fitness Industry
- Provide Quality Service
- Maintaining Equipment
- Risk Management
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Health Screening
- Fitness Evaluation
- Instruct Group Fitness Sessions
- Instruct Fitness Programs
- Instruct Community Fitness Programs
- Strength & Conditioning Techniques
- Special Population's
- Instruct Older Adults
How will I be assessed?
After reading each units associated worknotes you will need to:
- Complete the relevant sections in the practical workbook (available to download online)
- Complete online multiple choice exam
- After completing all the Units you can either tape yourself taking a friend/client through or have an Efit Assessor, a Gym Manager / Personal Trainer or your client assess you on:
- Fitness Assessment / Health Appraisal Basic Training Program
- Send via post or email the completed practical workbook to WFA Australia