Dumbbell Bent Over Flys are a great exercise for the back muscles. Ensure you set up this exercise and execute it correctly to avoid any injury.
- Stand behind a barbell with your feet about shoulder width apart.
- Slowly bend forward and take a shoulder–width over-grip on the barbell.
- Straighten your arms completely keeping your legs slightly bent to relieve strain from your lower back, and bring your torso into a position parallel to the floor.
- Moving just your arms, slowly pull the barbell directly upward to touch lightly against the lower part of your rib cage.
- Slowly lower the weight back to the starting position not touching the floor.
- Then repeat.
KEY POINTS: Maintain scapula control. Maintain neutral spine. Maintain abdominal activation.
Primary Muscles Used:
UPPER DORSAL REGION